The Orange Corners Upper Egypt incubation programme aims to support 30+ Egyptian young entrepreneurs per year with a dynamic, state-of-the-art facility, where they get the opportunity to collaborate and work with like-minded individuals in order to start and grow their business. The incubation programme, focusing particularly on entrepreneurs in the agriculture and creative sector, offers training, business development support, masterclasses, events, coaching and mentorship. Through collaboration with the private and public sector, Orange Corners Upper Egypt combines forces to contribute towards the economic growth of Egypt and strengthen the Egyptian startup ecosystem.
The application form becomes available on our website prior to the beginning of each six-month cycle. Applications are open for one month, where potential applicants can submit thier project idea. Please make sure to check your email and mobile phone regularly to see if you are one of the 50 selected semi-finalists.
The 50 semi-finalists will be invited to participate in a compulsory two-day-long bootcamp in which a jury decides who are best placed to join the incubation programme.
Selection will be conducted according to the performance during the bootcamp. At the end of the bootcamp, 20-25 young entrepreneurs will be selected to participate in the six months incubation programme.
How can I apply?
You can apply through our application form on the website as soon as applications open via the APPLY NOW button.
What are the selection criteria?
• At least one of the startup founders is aged 18-35 years old.
• Commitment to attend the full activities of the program, with maximum excused absence of 20%.
Target Applicant Persona
• Recent university graduates, but may also only hold a secondary education certificate.
•Living in Assiut or in a nearby governerate in Upper Egypt.
• Interested in creativity, design and technology.
• Interested in addressing social challenges and problems.
• Self-driven and ambitious.
• Have ideas related to the two-target industry focus areas: agriculture and handicrafts/creative sector.
• Focus on 50% female entrepreneurs.
What are the benefits of this programme for me?
• An intensive 2-day bootcamp to prepare startups to pitch to continue after the first stage of the program.
• A 6-months program in which the best startups are progressively identified over 3 stages.
• 8 bi-weekly half-day entrepreneurship training workshop sessions
• 6 masterclasses open for Orange Corners entrepreneurs and the public once a month
• Mentorship and coaching sessions with experts from the ecosystem
• Inspirational and motivational talks wtih successful entrepreneurs
• Business development support services
• Access to a network for business linkages
• Shared office space for the duration of the program.
• Consultancy on legal, financial, branding design and communication issues.
• Graduation day where there is exposure to potential investors
When will I know if I’m selected?
You will be notified by email or phone about the outcome of your application, following the application deadline.
When does the programme start?
The preparation for the 1st incubation cycle is still in progress.
What are the costs of participation?
Participation is free of costs. The costs of your participation is covered by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of The Netherlands and our private sector partners in Egypt.
Want to work together?
Opening of OCIF Management Applications
OCIF Management Applications have opened on the website of the Netherlands Enterprise Agency. The Orange Corners Innovation Fund (OCIF) has been initiated with the aim to improve access to finance for early-stage startups that are enrolled in the Orange Corners incubation- and acceleration programmes. The fund enables these companies to scale and develop innovative solutions …
Publication report on Female Entrepreneurship Côte d'Ivoire by Catalystas Consultancy
In autumn 2020, the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs commissioned Catalystas Consultancy to carry out a study on the entrepreneurship ecosystem and its effects on women in Côte d’Ivoire for the Private Sector Development Toolkit, which operates as an intstrument for the international department of the Netherlands Enterprise Agency (NEA). Catalystas Consultancy is a consultancy …
IWD2021 Salma Bougarrani – Challenging gender stereotypes in STEM
CEO of Green Watech – Orange Corners Morocco Meet Salma Bougarrani. Salma is the CEO of Green Watech, an company the develops and produces a new generation of patented, innovative, low-cost, ecological and efficient water filters for the treatment and re-use of waste water from rural communities and decentralised sites. Because sanitation in Morocco, especially …
Where to find us
Orange Corners Upper Egypt | Assiut, Egypt | [email protected] 74 Makka El Mokarama street off Mahmoud Rashwan, Assiut Governorate, Egypt.