Sports Orange Corners – SOC is a programme of Sport Social Innovation Lab powered by the organisation TIBU Africa, the main organisation in Education, Professional integration and Entrepreneurship through Sport in Morocco, in partnership with Orange Corners, an initiative of the Kingdom of the Netherlands.
SOC is the 1st incubator dedicated to young people who are passionate about sports and wish to embark on entrepreneurial sport experiences that answer the many social issues, while promoting the achievement of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
With collective trainings, a personalised accompaniment and an opening to national/international markets and partners, the Sport Orange Corner incubation programme delivers its intervention under 4 strategic axes:
– Idea development: accompaniment by a group of experts through collective and individual sessions ;
– Financing: presentation of funding grants and networking with donors, angel investors and optimal funding sources – Banks ;
– International & national connections: opening to the international world through sessions, meetings and networking, training opportunities at the national territory and the implementation within the international markets ;
– Hosting: offers an Open Working Space to the winning entrepreneurs of the different programmes.
The SOC is an incubator that aims to help startups in the field of sports to take off and respond to social and environmental challenges, including the ones faced in Morocco in particular:
– Sport and education,
– Sport and health,
– Sport and technology;
– Sport and environment and climate change.
The beating heart of this action is to make sports a tool for achieving economic growth characterised by the emergence of new companies with young athletes or sports enthusiasts, that give access to decent work and respond to social issues which reach the most vulnerable populations.
What Orange Corners can offer you
Collective and individual workshops on the stages of the creation of social enterprises
Coaching and mentoring
Personal development week, collective workshops in soft skills, mentoring
Advisory board (strategic committee), collective
Events and networking
Professional meetings, events organised by incubatees
Accommodation and domiciliation
Access to the incubator space, reduced price for commercial domiciliation
What are the selection criteria?
• Your company is registered and has been making sales for at least a year
• You sell a product or service that offers a sustainable solution to a local social, economic or environmental challenge (impact)
• You have a financial statement for least the past year. This does not have to be an audited statement but should at least show your cost and revenue.
• You have multiple team members or staff and the applicant is between 18 – 35 years at the time of application (please note we expect the founder/CEO or another key decision maker to participate in the workshops)
• You are not participating in any other programmes or competitions at the time of application
When can I apply?
Applications will open twice a year through our online platform.
How can I apply?
You can apply through the APPLY NOW button on this website that leads to our application form on the website as soon as applications open.
How will this programme benefit me?
We will offer you access to our working space, partners and our experts to help scale-up your business, in the form of training and coaching. During the 6-month programme we will have 10-15 workshop days, but will also engage with your business and team one-on-one, so we can support you when and where needed.
How will I know if I’m selected?
You will receive an email through the email address you signed up with which lets you know whether you are part of the selection for the bootcamp.
When does the programme start?
Does it cost anything to participate?
Participation in the programme is free of costs.
Want to work together?
New publication: Innovation in Fragile Settings
How can we support and scale the impact of young innovators in fragile settings? This new …
In memoriam: Mahmoud Abushawish – Torood
It is with a heavy heart that today we share the news of Mahmoud Abushawish’s death. …
Meet the OC alumni: Ollaset Ahouo – Cabo Samlan
Côte d’Ivoire, the world’s leading cocoa producer, generates 26 million tonnes of waste from this crop …
Where to find us
Sports Orange Corners Rue Abou Al Mahassine Royani, Résidence Champs Elysée, Appartement 1 Casablanca [email protected]