Orange Corners is pleased to announce the opening of a new subsidy programme, which will ensure a sustainable future for our entrepreneurial training programmes for the next 5 years. We invite potential implementing partners in a select number of countries and regions to submit a proposal to run an Orange Corners incubation/acceleration programme in their specific country in the period 2024-2028.
The Orange Corners subsidy programme
The Orange Corners subsidy programme provides funding for a local entrepreneurial training programme (incubation/acceleration) and related activities for young people (aged 18-35), such as mentorship, business development services, masterclasses, workshops and all related administrative and programme management needs to run such activities.
Initially, the programme will be opened for 16 countries and regions:
- Phase 1 (5-30 June 2023): Algeria, Angola, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Egypt, Ghana, Iraq proper, Morocco and Mozambique.
- Phase 2 (4-29 September 2023): Burundi, Côte d’Ivoire, Iraq (Kurdistan Region), Mali, Nigeria, Sudan, South Africa and South Sudan.
New openings, if and when they apply, will be announced separately.
To apply for the subsidy, there are two steps:
- A mandatory quick scan, or short proposal. The Orange Corners programme advisor for your country will review it, and give a non-binding recommendation on whether to submit a full proposal. This mandatory quick scan needs to be submitted at least two weeks before the deadline for full proposals, as the review of the quick scan can take up to two weeks.
- A full proposal.
- 17 April: Opening subsidy programme
- 18 April – mid-June: Quick scans phase 1
- 5-30 June: Full proposals phase 1
- 18 April – mid September: Quick scans phase 2
- 4-29 September: Full proposals phase 2
Applicants will hear about the results of their full application within 13 weeks after the full proposal application deadline.
- For each target location, only one applicant will be awarded a subsidy.
- For each target location, a maximum of €750,000 is available. The subsidy will cover a maximum of 75% of the total project costs.
- The subsidy programme is open to local businesses and local civil society organisations registered in the target location.
- Applicants must have experience in developing and managing entrepreneurial training programmes (incubation/acceleration), project management, marketing & communication, acquisition, networking and project-related monitoring, evaluation, learning and reporting.
More details about the subsidy programme, application procedure and requirements for interested parties can be found here. Dates, procedures and criteria found on that page are leading.
We are looking forward to reading your proposals and recommend you to apply well before the above-mentioned deadlines. If you have any questions regarding the subsidy programme, please reach out to us via [email protected].
Orange Corners is managed by the Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO) on behalf of the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs, in collaboration with local embassies and consulates of the Kingdom of the Netherlands. We support our implementing partners to run successful training, incubation and acceleration programmes from our HQ in The Hague.